Here are a few tips to help you find the best puppy food for your Dobie …
1. Use a food that is free of soy, corn, wheat, glutens, and dairy. These foods can contribute to allergies in dogs and they are very hard to digest. The best puppy food never uses these ingredients.
2. Remember a Dobie puppy needs plenty of quality protein. Be sure and look at the first few ingredients on the bag and make sure at least one good quality protein is listed. One of the best and most concentrated forms of protein is chicken meal.
3. Look for a good fiber source such as beet pulp. Beet pulp is an excellent fiber that increases the intestinal size and allows more nutrients to be absorbed by your puppy. When more nutrients are absorbed, you will also notice less clean up.
4. Read your labels and make sure the puppy food is free of by products. Dog food companies add by products, which are inferior sources of protein. Chicken feet, intestines etc are substituted instead of using quality protein. So stay away from by products!
5.Find a food that has probiotics. Probiotics are active bacteria cultures that help fight off the bad bacteria that can get into the colon. These probiotics are known as the "good bacteria" and they keep the colon balanced. This is important because the colon is where most of the nutrients from the food is absorbed.
6. Find a food that your Dobie enjoys eating. You might get the best puppy food on the market but your dog might not like the taste. Look for companies that offer samples for your puppy to try.
Did you know that dogs fed a high quality dog food live on average 5 or more years longer than dogs fed lesser-quality food?